Monday 30 October 2017

Stranger Flames

I need to tell you all something that may shock you. I haven't watched one second of the Netflix series Stranger Things. As hard as that may be for some of you to process, I just haven't had the time or the inclination to sit down and consume the first season of the show. With the second season now out, I'm thoroughly behind in the series, so I'll need a weekend binge session to catch up and process all that is contained. Do I ever have a weekend where that can happpen? Sadly, no.

In knowing that I have zero reference points on which I can speak about the show, I'm simply going to let Bret Kenworthy's video do the talking. On his Vimeo page, he writes,
For this years Calgary Flames Halloween themed game I created a Stranger Things inspired poster and one minute video. The poster was based off of Kyle Lambert's artwork for the popular Netflix series. For the one minute video I copied the opening credits frame by frame. I tried my best to emulate the organic approach Imaginary Forces used when they created the title sequence.
The results that Mr. Kenworthy came up with are pretty impressive.

Basing my knowledge of the series solely on Mr. Kenworthy's video, I'd say that's a pretty awesome intro. This is the second great video we've seen the Flames featured in after last week's SNL parody. You would think that more NHL teams would reach out to people of this level of creativity and hire them to do some work, right? Mr. Kenworthy's video is top-notch, so here's hoping the Flames or another team come calling!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: