Thursday 4 December 2014

The Hockey Show - Episode 117

The Hockey Show, Canada's only campus-produced hockey radio show, returns to the airwaves tonight with another special guest! I'm not sure if we're starting to get noticed as a quality hockey program, but I'd like to think we are with the guests that are coming forward and agreeing to be on our little radio program. Tonight's guest is a legend in the hockey community, and we are excited to welcome him to The Hockey Show!

Ladies and gentlemen, we are excited, proud, honoured, and privileged to welcome one of hockey's best journalists in Mr. Al Strachan to the show! Mr. Strachan has appeared on CBC's Hockey Night in Canada and has written a number of books about hockey, and we'll discuss his new book, 99, on our show tonight. We'll also talk about some of the current stories in hockey and get Mr. Strachan's thoughts on those. Las Vegas? Yup. The Oilers and their current debacle of a team? Absolutely. The Maple Leafs? How could we not? And we'll get into many more stories as we talk with Hockey Hall of Fame journalist Al Strachan!

I do want to go on record here. I have been pretty harsh towards Mr. Strachan. In the early years of this blog, I was downright mean in terms of some of the things I wrote. In the last few years, having been able to read some of Mr. Strachan's books, I believe I owe Mr. Strachan an apology. He knows the game of hockey extremely well, and while some of the stuff he said on television may have been preposterous, he didn't deserve the words I wrote about him.

Mr. Strachan, I apologize for my previous words. You're a solid hockey journalist, you'll probably forget more about the game than I'll ever know, and you're an excellent person. Please accept my apologies for my previous rants on this blog. They were undeserved, and written in a time where I was far less experienced as an amateur writer.

In saying that, we'll be live on the air at 5:30pm with Mr. Al Strachan! Hit us up on 101.5 UMFM on your radio dial in the Winnipeg region or you can listen live between 5:30pm and 6:30pm CT on your web-enabled device at the UMFM webpage! The phones will be closed, but you can tweet us anytime you like by hitting us up at @TeebzHBIC on Twitter. You can also post some stuff to Facebook if you use the "Like" feature, and I always have crazy stuff posted there that doesn't make it to the blog or show. There are lots of ways for you to interact on The Hockey Show, and we want to hear from you!

PODCAST: DECEMBER 4, 2014: Episode 117

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: