Saturday 10 May 2014

A Much-Needed Break

I will admit something to everyone who stops by here: I need a break. Badly. As much as I love hockey and the Stanley Cup Playoffs, my life literally was chaotic for the last few weeks in that I hardly got time to watch. Even when I was watching, I still found myself pre-occupied by other things going on in my life. Needless to say, things are settling down now, but I'm a little burnt out from these last few weeks. To remedy this, I decided to take up an offer and head out to "god's country" in the middle of nowhere where wireless signals, LAN connections, and TV signals hardly reach.

I'll be off the grid for Saturday and Sunday for the most part as I don't plan on returning until later in the evening on Sunday. It will be nothing but fresh air, satellite radio, a few adult beverages, and a lot of time staring out at open water, somewhat-green trees, and the vast blue sky. Unless it rains, and then I'll be inside reading. Thankfully, there is only a slight chance of rain called for on Sunday.

For those of you in the HBIC Playoff Pool, I apologize for not updating the stats by this point. I'll get to work on them on Sunday night in the effort to have everything finished by Monday. I know I said I'd keep up, but I'm dropping the ball on this one because of the rest of my non-hockey life. I apologize once more, and we'll get this fixed.

Take it easy this weekend, everyone. I know I will.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: