Sunday 17 March 2013

Musicians In Jerseys

I have decided to start up a little project here on Hockey Blog In Canada. We've all seen various musicians roll through town and decide to don the local professional hockey team's colors. The musicians get an ovation for showing the hometown team a little love, and the team gets a little free publicity. It's a pretty good little trade-off for both sides. What bothers me, of course, is that most musicians couldn't name you the third-line centerman of the local team despite his perceived allegiance. That's where my project is going to start.

What I want to do is catalog all images of MUSICIANS in HOCKEY JERSEYS. I'm not interested in t-shirts or sweatshirts or jackets. Anyone can wear a stylish jacket or golf shirt with a logo, but your die-hard fans wear a jersey. This project is meant to capture all of the images of musicians in a uniform regardless of whether the musician knows who the head coach is or the starting goalie is. Basically, I want to create a vast collection of musicians wearing hockey jerseys just for fun.

Personally, I think it will be neat to see some of the info that evolves out of this project. For example, there are musicians who seemingly tour the country just to get hockey jerseys they will never wear again for any reason. There are other musicians, though, who actually go to games, support the players and team, and wear the jersey because they are invested in the game. Needless to say, I think some very cool information can be extracted from this collection of images. I also think it will be cool to see if any musicians have been spotted wearing defunct teams at any point in history.

What I will do is list the team below with all of the musicians who are wearing their uniforms cataloged beside each team name. This is going to be fun, so I also want you to send in any and all images you may have collected from concerts, in the general public's eye, or from where ever you may discover them. Please send any photos to me via my email address, and I'll credit you accordingly for the find! Sound good? Let's do this!

Anaheim Ducks

Atlanta Thrashers/Flames

Boston Bruins

Calgary Flames

California/Oakland Seals

Chicago Blackhawks

Colorado Avalanche

Hartford Whalers

Los Angeles Kings

Minnesota North Stars

Montreal Canadiens

Nashville Predators

New York Rangers

Philadelphia Flyers

Quebec Nordiques

San Jose Sharks

Toronto Maple Leafs

Vancouver Canucks

Washington Capitals

NHL All-Star Game

International Jerseys

AHL Jerseys

Major Junior Hockey Jerseys

University Jerseys

Other Jerseys



Remember, if you want to add a photo to the list I'm compiling, send an email to me with the photo!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

4 comments:

Wissem Jaubert said...

Hey nice thing to do ! Don't forget Dean Brody in his fantastic Canadian girls music video. He is wearing team Canada jersey throughout the entire video

Anonymous said...

Alan Doyle from Great Big Sea in the video for "Run Runaway" wearing a St. John's Maple Leafs jersey

V said...

Taylor Swift really gets around

Unknown said...

snoop dogg in springfield indians jersey