Saturday 1 December 2012

'Tis The Season

While those kids did get their Christmas wish in June of 2011, I really want to see hockey return to NHL rinks this season. While I'm getting my fill of amateur, junior, collegiate, and minor-pro hockey, Saturday nights just don't feel complete without a good CBC-produced hockey game or three to watch. It just seems that there's a void on Canadian television without the good ol' hockey game to watch, so that's what I want for Christmas this year. I want hockey to come back. Who's with me on this one?

In saying that I miss some CBC-produced hockey, I thought that with the calendar flipping to December that a hockey-themed Christmas carol might be appropriate today to get you in the spirit of the season. Here's a very young Ron MacLean from the 1980s introducing a pretty solid hockey Christmas carol.
That's pretty darn good! I had totally forgot about the "Pumper-Nicholls" that Bernie Nicholls used to do after scoring a goal as well. I actually laughed out loud when I heard that in the song. While the people in the video might be a little dated, perhaps the CBC should update this song for this year, assuming hockey returns? I think that would be in order.

Just as an early announcement, The Hockey Show will be having its Holiday Gift-Giving Guide on this week's show, so if you're looking for that special something for your hockey fan, we might be able to give you a couple of ideas this week. Tune into 101.5 UMFM from 6:00PM to 6:30PM on Thursday evening for some great Christmas gift ideas! And, if you're lucky, you might be able to score a few prizes this week as well as we're kicking the gift-giving season off with a few giveaways!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: