Tuesday 12 June 2012

Start Toweling Off

With the Stanley Cup having been handed out for another year, the HBIC Playoff Pool also came to a close with the Kings' celebration last night. Honestly, it was a good run this year, and I want to thank the 25-or-so people who played right until the end this year. It's a rough grind in watching the teams you picked fall short, but it's what makes this Playoff Pool so fun! One series can make or break your shot at something from the Loot Bag!

Without further adieu, here is the list of winners for this year's HBIC Playoff Pool in order of finish (including tie-breakers):

  1. Casey H. - 87
  2. LJ S. - 81
  3. Westin F. - 73
  4. Jay F. - 72
  5. Andy S. - 71
  6. Frank M. - 71
  7. Andrew G. - 71
  8. Jackson N. - 71
  9. Adrian N. - 68
  10. Scott M. - 68
  11. Jared R. - 68
  12. Peter S. - 68
I will start emailing this weekend, so Casey and LJ, please check out the Loot Bags for what you want. Again, Casey will get to choose any of the 12 Loot Bags, and then LJ will choose from the remaining 11 Loot Bags, and so on and so forth. Congratulations to the twelve people above for securing a prize in the 2012 HBIC Playoff Pool!

Some of you have also entered the Playoff Pulse contest being run with prizes courtesy of CBC, Microsoft, and HBIC. That contest is also now closed, and the entries have been sent off for review by Tania D. of the marketing firm in charge of the prizes. I have chosen the three finalists I thought were best, and Tania and I will choose a winner when we collaborate later this week. That means we'll have the prizes from this contest awarded to one lucky entrant by the weekend as well!

Finally, with the hockey season officially over, HBIC will start on getting some of the field hockey articles in the works posted as we get ready for the 2012 London Olympiad. I am extremely excited for this event as the best athletes in the world compete, and I'm hoping the field hockey event will be exciting and captivating!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

2 comments:

JTH said...

If my math is correct, I finished in 18th place!

JTH said...

If my math is correct, I finished in 18th place!

(I hope that wasn't a duplicate comment.)