Friday 8 October 2010

Friday Walkthrough

I'm busy at work tonight, so I won't be write some long-winded article, but that doesn't mean I can't find others who have. Because I'll be excommunicado for the evening (and into tomorrow), I've done some blog-walking to collect some of the greatest article from the past week off various websites. I haven't alerted any of these people about my blog-walking, but I liked the articles they wrote, and I feel that they should get some credit when it comes to their writing - even if that credit is from just a fellow blogger. And if these articles inspire you in some way to begin writing your own blog, that's good too. All I know is that blog-walking is a good way to gauge the thoughts of the sport, and hockey is a sport that really produces a vast number of opinions. Let's start blog-walking!

  • Anyone But Detroit has his predictions for the Colorado Avalanche, the team he follows. I'm a little shocked at the Peter Mueller prediction as I think Colorado still has high hopes for the kid, but the Shattenkirk prediction of 20+ games is probably right.
  • Canes Country has an excellent Canes-centric recap of the win over the Wild in Helsinki, Finland. I have to say that Jeff Skinner might be the darkhorse in the Calder Trophy race, but he looks good on the ice. Carolina might have another young stud for a long, long time.
  • Down Goes Brown offers up a quiz to see how your team will fare this season. As usual, the always-hilarious DGB takes the edge off worrying about your team and, instead, provides some much needed laughter.
  • Five For Howling points out the fallacy in the "Not Going to Surprise Anyone" argument about the Coyotes. Mr. Hair makes a good point in how professionalism trumps the "night off" comments made by some sportscasters. Good read, and very thought-provoking.
  • Jewels From The Crown finds a bit of a twist regarding the rules that allow NHL clubs to send US junior-aged players straight to the AHL. Players like Jarred Tinordi and Jeremy Morin can now play in the AHL despite them being younger than 20. Windsor Spitfires' GM Warren Rychel feels that the CHL will now need to be proactive in trying to keep elite-level American talent. What a tangled web we weave!
  • Uni Watch Blog is always a great source of information, but Paul Lukas has his annual team-by-team breakdown of uniform changes over on ESPN.com's Page 2. Also posted this morning was his annual goaltender equipment update. Two great pieces of information for those of you looking to update your versions of NHL11.

There's a quick update of the stories I've been reading the last couple of days. There are some great articles in there, and you should take a peek at a few of those articles, if not all of them. I'll be back tomorrow at some point!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: