Monday 6 September 2010

Final Destination

It's Labor Day across North America, and I've decided that a long day of driving will be met with some serious relaxation tonight. I've finally arrived in Houston, and I can honestly say that it looks nothing like the image to the left. Tropical depression Hermine has been toying with Houston, dropping buckets of rain at some points and jacking up the heat and humidity at other times. If you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes, it seems. But I've arrived, and I need a little time to relax after being on the road for the last three days.

As you might be aware, there will be a few guest writers adding their articles to the mix in the coming days. These articles are of their choosing, but I stand behind the writers and their choices 100%. Plainly said, if they choose to write about why they hate a certain player, they have my full support, and I will monitor any abusive comments.

The good news is that the articles will be entertaining, informative, controversial, and a good read. I've had one submitted already, and it should provoke some interesting discussion. And that's the entire point of having others write this month: of the people, by the people, for the people.

With that in mind, I'll continue my look at the towns and cities I stop in on my travels in terms of their hockey histories, but the guest writers will be front and center for the rest of this month. I want you, the readers, to discuss what these fine people write because they are topics I may have never approached.

And, if nothing else, just drop by and let them know that they did a good job. If you just do that, it will be certainly worth the effort in getting a few good men to scribe an article.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

1 comment:

Sage Confucius said...

I hate to tell you this, but the weather is always like that. you will breathe water even without a tropical system sitting on top of you. That is Houston. I miss the city but I don't miss the sauna. :)